SUPPORT THIS INDEPENDENT JOURNALISM
The article you’re about to read is from our reporters doing their important work — investigating, researching, and writing their stories. We want to provide informative and inspirational stories that connect you to the people, issues and opportunities within our community. Journalism requires lots of resources. Today, our business model has been interrupted by the pandemic; the vast majority of our advertisers’ businesses have been impacted. That’s why the SC Times is now turning to you for financial support. Learn more about our new Insider’s program here. Thank you.
San Clemente Times
Starting next week, two large overhead signs that span the entire northbound and southbound I-5 will be removed and replaced. The work will take place near the I-5/PCH/Camino Las Ramblas interchange. One sign will span southbound lanes; the other will span northbound lanes. The work will happen at night, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., for 10 nights, beginning Monday, July 17. Following is a summary of planned partial and full closures:
- July 17, 18: Two inside lanes closed on northbound and southbound I-5 Between Camino Capistrano and Camino de Estrella
- July 19, 20: Southbound I-5 freeway full closure between Camino Capistrano and PCH / Camino Las Ramblas
- July 21, 24, 25: Two inside lanes closed on northbound and southbound I-5 between Camino Capistrano and Camino de Estrella
- July 26, 27: Northbound I-5 freeway full closure between Avenida Pico and PCH / Camino Las Ramblas. Northbound detour will be Avenida Pico west to N. El Camino Real/Pacific Coast Highway north.
- July 28: Two inside lanes closed on northbound and southbound I-5 between Camino Capistrano and Camino de Estrella
Content provided by the city of San Clemente.