By Christina Selter
My husband, Christopher, and I are proud to call San Clemente home. This is a wonderful, unique city, and I’m running for city council to improve our community’s high quality of life.
I’m not a politician, and I’ve never run for elected office. I’m simply a concerned citizen, mother and business owner who wants to give back even more to San Clemente.
I’ve spent my career in the private sector and, as a businesswoman, I know what it takes to create jobs, balance budgets, manage employees, make payroll and battle government red tape. Through my service with the Orange County Senior Citizens Advisory Council, I understand how to make government run more like a business.
I’m honored to be a member of several organizations and charities for San Clemente.
I care deeply about our city and the people of San Clemente. I have worked to launch several initiatives, and I currently serve as a board member on several committees and volunteer at many nonprofits:
- Orange County Office on Aging Board Member for Senior Citizens Advisory Board and the Elderly Health and Nutrition Committee
- Volunteer Leader for the Senior Ministry for my church
- Breast Cancer Awareness Drives
- Baby Boomer Basics senior safety advocacy
- Clean Up the Beach
- Bark, Buckle Up & Bark 10-4: pet travel safety programs partnering with first responders
I would like to help with keeping our city safer, as well as implement my program to decrease homelessness, reduce traffic and prevent a toll road by improving local mobility with programs like OCFLEX, which has been successful in our surrounding cities in Orange County.
I would be honored to earn your vote for our city council on Nov. 5, 2019.