To add your calendar listing or any future events, please click on the “register” link below in order to create your unique user name and login for each newspaper site.
You will then use your login when you return to add your events.
A State Parks and the San Onofre Parks Foundation are looking for Trail Assistant Volunteers to bike or hike around San Onofre State Beach, Parcel 1 (inland area of the State Park – see SOSB Trail Map below).
To help provide a safe, enjoyable environment for park visitors and to provide valuable information about the backcountry to park staff.
• Greets and welcomes park visitors by providing interpretation and educational information in accordance with training.
• Reports security or vandalism or unsafe conditions to SURCOM or park staff
• Provides route recommendations, maps and directions to park visitors.
• Adhere to park policies and advise the public about park rules and regulations including park hours, dog rules, and legal vs. illegal trail use
• Assist with illegal trail closures and resource management education
• All other duties as assigned
• Ability and willingness to provide quality interpretation and public information in a friendly positive manner
• Communication with Trail Assistant Volunteer Coordinator regarding scheduling and post-shift report including number of contacts while on patrol
• Scheduling in advance, and only patrolling as a TAV when scheduled
• Provide information at illegal trail heads as necessary
• Assist park staff in trail projects as projects are scheduled.
Questions: email email@example.com