SCSQUARED halfBy Eric Heinz

About 30 Orange County Fire Authority firefighters responded to a San Clemente home Sunday night on the 300 block of Avenida Granada after a woman in her 50s had left food cooking on the stove too long, causing a small fire that filled her apartment with smoke, authorities said.

“She did have some potentially serious respiratory tract burns,” OCFA public information officer Capt. Steve Concialdi said, adding the fire was doused in about 15 minutes.

“The lesson is, if you’re cooking something on the stovetop, don’t leave it unattended,” he said. “If you have to leave, shut the burner off before you leave.”

About The Author Staff

comments (0)

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>